You will find below some of the Tutorials that I have found on the Internet for beginners.
Try these Aperture Settings
- Portraits - [F2] Keep the focus on your subject using a wide aperture and get an artistic depth of field effect.
- Landscapes - [F10] This will give you a sharp landscape shot that will be well focused.
- Wildlife and Pets [F2.5]] A faster shutter speed increase will ensured a sharp shot and will get an out-of-focus background.
- Macro [F3.5] Will softly blur your background making your macro subject the focus.
- Still Life [F2.4] Using a wide aperture will give you a great artistic still-life shot.
- Sport [F3.5] A smaller f-number and a longer shutter speed are required for panning sports shots.
ISO Settings in Digital Photography
In Digital Photography ISO measures the sensitivity of the image sensor. The same principles apply as in film photography – the lower the number the less sensitive your camera is to light and the finer the grain.
Higher ISO settings are generally used in darker situations to get faster shutter speeds..
Introduction to Aperture in Digital Photography
If you can master aperture you put into your grasp real creative control over your camera. In my opinion – aperture is where a lot of the magic happens in photography and as we’ll see below, changes in it can mean the difference between one dimensional and multi dimensional shots..
An Introduction to Mastering Slow Shutter Speeds
For many photographers, darkness is their worst enemy. After getting a basic understanding of how cameras work, the next things photographers must understand is how to operate in low light. Most new cameras have advanced dedicated flashes (sometime built into them), which can make dark situations easier to shoot in. But almost all modern cameras also have slow shutter speed settings that extend to eight seconds or beyond..
Common mistakes at every shutter speed (and the best settings you should use)
At a basic level, shutter speed is used to control exposure, but it can also be used as a creative tool that freezes action or adds dramatic blur to moving subjects. However, whenever we venture outside our comfort zone, this is where we encounter problems..
Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials for Beginners
A large proportion of Digital Photographers classify themselves as beginners – so we thought it might be helpful to have a page set up that collates some of our Digital Photography Tips for Beginners.Here is just a selection of some of our digital photography tips and tutorials aimed more at the beginner photographer..
25 Landscape Photography Tutorials
One of the most popular topics is that of Landscape Photography. There have been hundreds of articles on the topic over the years but to help you find them we’ve pulled together 25 of the most popular Landscape Photography tips and tutorials and listed them.